Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Choosing my niche!


Hi guys! I’m back here with something new for you this week. Last week I talked about ‘starting up my blog’. This week I’m going to talk about choosing my niche i.e. how I chose my blog’s niche. I hope most of you know about what ‘choosing a niche for blogging’ means. For those who are still unaware about that needn't worry as I’ll be explaining about it here anyway.

For starters, choosing a niche for blogging is very important. Niche is a topic on which a blogger writes about regularly. A blogger has complete freedom of choosing any niche which interests him/her. A blogger may choose from travel, education, sports, current affairs, fashion, lifestyle, politics, video games, technology, and whatever he/she is interested in. It is just that he/she has to stick to that niche.
After much thinking about my blog’s niche I finally chose ‘random thoughts and observations’ because I can simply not stick to one niche. With my current niche I can blog about anything – random thoughts that cross my mind and little observations that I make in my daily life.

While I was under the ‘thought process’ of choosing my niche, I had a lot of problems thinking which one to go for because I have varied interests. I thought for few days but I couldn’t finalize the one that interests me as I’m interested in more than one niches. I considered multiple niche blogging but I’ve read in most places that choosing one niche is very important to survive for long. Blogging without any one niche will eventually lead to failure of the blog as it will die in need of attention. A blog needs visitors for its success – my blog is not an exception. My blog, just like any other blog, is hunger for visitors like you. Without visitors my blog will be like one of those many blogs struggling for limelight. So I’m very thankful to my visitors – you! And I’ll be certainly waiting for more of them. So share the word please! :)

Let’s talk about how the success of a blog depends upon one particular niche. Suppose I’ve chosen fashion niche. I’d have to regularly write only about fashion related stuffs – clothes, jewelries, footwear, accessories and other fashion related items so that Google will recognize my blog and index it. This way my blog will be targeted by visitors interested in fashion and other fashion bloggers which will eventually lead to the success of my blog.

I think this is enough for this week. I hope you guys got the basic idea behind blogging. If you’re still confused then you’re free to comment here and ask me. I’ll be glad to answer all your queries.

P.S. I know this is irrelevant to my blog’s niche but I just “thought” about sharing my experience so that you guys might find it helpful – if not now then sometime in future. I hope. Next week I’m going to come with another thing that will be helpful for you if you are considering blogging. I’ll be talking about ‘choosing a blog platform’. So watch out!

4 comments:

  1. A great post ! Keep it up :) will look forward for more blogs from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post Tariq ! Really interesting. -Taiyar-

    ReplyDelete

Spammers, excuse!